Mansfield District Councillors (Elected Members)
Every 4 years, local district elections are held to elect Mansfield District Councillors into office. The District consists of 36 wards represented by 1 Councillor for each ward area.
What do District Councillor’s do?
Councillors are responsible for making representations to the Council on behalf of the residents in their respective wards. In their community role they are expected to communicate with residents and encourage community engagement.
Attending committees/meetings is another key role for Councillors. They are required to vote on important issues during meetings to agree local policies to make the District as a whole, a better place.
Councillors are available to deal with your concerns, grievances or problems. Councillors receive allowance and expense payments for their role. By law, all Elected Members of the Council are required to complete a Declarations of Interest form.
Your Mansfield District Councillor for the Oak Tree Ward
Councillor Vaughan Hopewell
- First Elected: 6 May 2011
- Party: Independent Forum
- Ward: Oak Tree
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01623 437488
Nottinghamshire County Councillors
Each Councillor represents a particular area of the county and are elected every 4 years.
- There are 67 county councillors in Nottinghamshire
- They represent 54 areas of the county
- These areas are called electoral divisions (some larger divisions have 2 - 3 councillors)
Councils are often members of political parties but they can also be independent.
What do County Councillors do?
- Use their local knowledge and views to help to make Council decisions
- Represent the interests of the residents of their area
- Check the quality of County Council services provided in their area
- Help local people who want information or want to use County Council services
Your Mansfield East County Councillors
Councillor Colleen Harwood
- First Elected: 2 May 2013
- Party: Labour
- Ward: Mansfield East
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01623 456012
- Work: 0115 9775666