Action fraud have issued some useful advice to help protect you from holiday fraud this summer.
- Avoid responding to unsolicited calls, texts or emails offering holidays at incredibly low prices.
- Whenever possible, pay for your holiday by credit card as it offers increased protection.
- Always remember to look for the ‘https’ and locked padlock icon in the address bar before entering your payment details.
- Never feel pressured to make a booking for fear that you will miss out on this ‘low price’ opportunity. If you have never used the company before, take your time to do some online research to ensure they are reputable.
- Should you make a flight or hotel booking through a travel company, feel free to separately check with the hotel / airline that your booking does indeed exist.
For more information please visit the Action Fraud website.